Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Grad School Finalists

For the past 5 months or so, I've been combing through lists of potential grad schools, looking for the perfect combination of programs that would suit my fancy. See, I want to study something that's a fairly rare combination of disciplines, or at least rare enough that I'm going to be pursuing two post-graduate degrees to get it.

I want to study the usability and of public transportation systems, and be able to engineer information systems that positively affect said usability. To do that, I'll need to continue my information science education - concentrating on a cog sci/HCI/IxD program - and shore up my domain knowledge of public transportation system design and planning with a PhD in either Transportation Engineering or Transportation Planning.

Anyway, here's my short list (in order):

  1. University of Queensland
  2. University College London
  3. University of California, Berkeley
  4. Georgia Institute of Technology
  5. University of Michigan, Ann Arbor
  6. University of Texas, Austin
Now, all that's left to do is get letters of recommendation, write a personal statement, applications, interviews... Yeah, better get on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment